Saturday, April 2, 2011

Avant Garde Project

Here's the latest results from my Avant Garde project. I was able to get the titles to display in relation to their estimated sales figure finally. The closer the name is to the bottom right hand corner, the more it is estimated to have sold and the bigger it's font.

(Created with Processing. Original Image sizes 8000x6000)

For these first few the colours remain random with a varying transparency.

2005:



2006:


2007:


2008:


2009:


2010

When I set the colours to be in relation to each comics publisher, the 2 sided-ness of the industry was revealed. Marvel are red and DC are blue. The resulting image is a jumble of both with Image comics barely visible in green and everything else in black. 

2010:


With the same data I represented the titles in circles.
2010:

My next step is to create a visualisation combining all the figures in one image. I have messed around with this using figures between 2005 and 2007. It was very intensive on my computer and the resulting image would spread off the canvas due to the high figures. I may likely do this on a college computer in the future as I thought I'd crashed my own last week.



No comments:

Post a Comment